Friday, December 4, 2009

I almost burnt down the house today/ DBT therapy

I almost burnt down the house today. I was cooking a grilled cheese sandwich. I left the burner on. I had the frying pan on there. It burnt right through. I am lucky that I did not light the kitchen, on fire. I will never use the stove again. We went to have a meeting with Julie Gyles, the head Nurse of home care. She did some nero tests, to see how I am doing. In the past year, there has been a slow progression. I am spilling all over the place, have chorea all over, no strenght, no coordination, few falls, hard time with my memory, and keeping food down. I also have been irrational and angry, the past week. I use mindfulness, so I don't freak out. When you upset, it is keying in together, that you are upset. Just notice and take time to calm down. If you are really angry, do a list in your head, pros and cons. I have learnt DBT therapy. Makes you have the power. These will, give you the life that you need. You can have a better life, you just have to fight HD, with me. Accepting HD, is another skill. I accept my reality. I have HD, nothing will do any good to worry about. Don't let HD get you down. Fight it.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger