Thursday, February 21, 2008

This is a hard blog to write

This is a hard blog to write. Even though I have been experiencing
HD mental symptoms for two years now. They could not diagnose
anyone who does not fail the neurological test. I passed it last year
perfectly. They also needed me to ask if I had HD, otherwise they
would not tell. Now I knowit. I have been experiencing: drooling,
choking, eating problems, twitching, brain fog, falling, unbalanced.
I had these for a year now. It has been a year since I have seen my
neurologist. I knew I had HD before this.I told people this I knew I
had it. I know the symptoms. Especially being it Iam a former Care
Aide. Today I failed all the tests. I also lost 30lbs. I am only 24. They
told me I am in the first stages of HD. I also had to tell them I wanted
to know. They would not tell me otherwise. They were very very
concerned about me. I am going to physio to help my balance. I am
also starting Seroquel to get rid of my hallucinations. Now my
brother and I are diagnosed in the same month. My Dad this is has
to be horrible for him. My husband and I were in tears. He said he
would never leave me and that I am his hero. I have been up and
down since finding out. There are negative thoughts in my head.
They are I am just going to die. I am too young. Then the hopeful
side takes over. The real me. We will have cures. We will have
miracles. There are so many breakthroughs right now. So much
hope. It is hard to ignore. Let hope flow through us like a stream of
good feelings. We will not DIE. We will suffer for a bit. Then comes
our cures. There comes our hope. Never lose. I will fight everyday to
never lose it either. This happiness belongs to us. We have to make
it ourselves. It is a struggle, but always worth it. I know now how
hard this illness is. For 2 years now. It is hard just to survive. No one
but us knows it. I am still going to do aerobics and walks. They are
more important in the first stages. I am accepting this diagnosis
and moving on. That is when we can truly live. That is where the
light comes from. We have to accept HD in its entirety.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger