Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jenny

I received terrible, terrible news today. My 18 year old cousin
Jenny died today. She was involved in a school bus accident
in Rimbey. My home town. A gravel truck hit the school bus.
There were 14 kids on there. My cousin and another 2 other
kids were killed. That is the same bus all of my family rode
every school day. This kills me. She was 2 months away from
graduating. She was sadly an only child. That is what kills
me. My poor Aunt Donna and my Uncle Jim. The worst part of
this is the media won’t leave my family alone. There are
getting tons of calls from horrible mean reporters, wanting
the story. My Dad got tons too. Every single member of my
family. My Uncle Jim and Donna had to leave there own house
because of all the reporters. This is hard. It happened this
morning on the way to school. I just wish everyone would
leave my family alone and let them grieve. The funeral is on
Tuesday. I am going back home, on Saturday. This is so sad. I
want all of them to leave my family alone and let us grieve. I
used to babysit Jenny all of the time. She was a bright spot in
our family. We will all miss her. Very, very smart sweet girl.
Had her future ahead of her. All of those poor kids did. Today I
won the mother load of awards. I feel so bad having
something really good for me and have to feel so sad. What
is worse I was flipping through the channels and I saw the
bus she was on. It was ripped in half. I wish I am the only one
in my family that that will haunt.I am going to dedicate the
highest awards I won in my cousin’s memory. This is your
award now Jenny. All yours. I won the talking Hands
Compassionate Award in your honor. It is the oldest kind of
its award. It has been around since 1986. They had me go
through 3 different processes; the first was if they liked my
site. The next one was a laudation for someone else who
knew me. Trevor helped me. The next was 3 glowing
laudations from 3 people I did not know. It took three
months. I actually never thought would win this. There is no
higher award in the world. This is what I leave you Jenny. Also
all of the other victims on that bus. My heart bleeds for them. This is what they have to say about me.


What a mind-blowing illness Huntington's Disease is and to
visit this web site leaves one grateful for the minor ills one
may have in comparison to Huntington's.


A brilliant resource provided by the author who has ''been
there and done that" thus providing validity to the content
provided. For those among us who live with Huntington's
Disease this site is a must read where one will find
information on myths and misconceptions, the importance
of genetic testing, treatment methods, hope for the future
and more. And even if one lacks interest in the items
mentioned, any person just diagnosed will find that they are
not alone - that there are people who do understand.
This user friendly web site provides a fantastic resource for
Educators, Students and families alike enabling all who visit
to gain deeper insights into this terrible illness.
Forever in Jenny’s memory. This is my tribute to you. The
biggest award for the most wonderful teenage ever. Who
lost her life way too soon. We will never forget your short contribution to our family.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger