Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the power of attorney conference.

We went to the power of attorney conference. We learned a lot. It was really good. It was 4 hours long. We need to come up with a will. We want things worked out. We are working on a living will. Trevor will be my representive. My Dad will be my alternate represantive. Karen will be my monitor. We have to call them and make sure they want to be. My Dad is there in case Trevor gets sick. Karen is there, they need some to support my Dad’s decisions or it won’t be legal. We have to get in touch with a lawyer here so Trevor can take care of my health care, when I get to sick to make decsions on my own. I was the only person there who wanted to live. I am 25 years old. Why would I want to die early? I want all treatments. Feeding tubs. Palliative care , if I get there. I want them to extend my life as much as possible. I will be emailed this info from the great lady that had the meeting. I will put it up as soon as I get it. Trevor found a caregiver group that he will be joinng. They make sure he won’t burn out. I wished I had this when Alice made the decisions for me and ditched me in the hospital. This way my Dad and Trevor and my Dad’s girlfriend can do what’s right. Without making these, it is so hard for caregivers to get the right to look after when you get sicker, and can’t make decisions any longer. It is good to plan ahead. Never forget the happiness life can bring when faced with such odds. We have everything set against us. Yet we come and live. We are the strong. We have the courage to take on the world. To take our life back. We can fight and take our life back. Fight for your future. Fight for our cures. Fight every day. Fight with the same strength of ten men.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger